Senior Spotlight: Sofia Stanziola

From her academics to her leadership in the theatre arts program, senior Sofia Stanziola has made a mark on the school with her immense talent and unwavering persistence. 

Stanziola’s skill can be seen through the work she has done with the Stone Bridge theatre department, Running Dog Productions, where she has acted, directed, and even written shows for the mainstage. 

“Three of my shows have been produced here at Stone Bridge,” Stanziola said. “They were lots of fun to write and work with amazing people to help bring my vision to life. They were all period pieces; I think that’s what I specialize in. I love doing research into historical facts that contribute to the time period and set, and other aspects of the shows. I love to brainstorm what small details I can add to make this stick out more, or make each line more impactful.”

Stanziola’s most recent achievement was as a student director for the school musical “Mamma Mia!”, where she helped facilitate the audition, rehearsal, and show process throughout the entire production. Without the hard work and hours of dedication put in by Stanziola, the musical would not have been the massive success it was. 

“Assistant directing ‘Mamma Mia!’ has been a very huge opportunity because it was my first musical that I had ever directed,” Stanziola said. “It was a huge show, with plenty of people, and I couldn’t have been more proud of  the final outcome, and all of the amazing support and contributions that were a part of it.” 

Other plays that Stanziola has written range from kidnapping popstars (“Fangirl”) to a cold war with aliens (“Hook Line and Sink Her”), showing the extensive scope of her writing abilities. 

In addition to her work in theatre, Stanziola has been a large part of the bolstering the success of  Broadcast Journalism, a new class elective for the 2023-24 school year, where she produces dazzling pieces including podcasts, video features, and humorous skits. Her passion is extremely evident through all of her work, and inspires her to pursue a career in media production.

[My productions] were lots of fun to write and work with amazing people to help bring my vision to life.

— Sofia Stanziola

“I have always been fascinated with film,” Stanziola said. “When I was little I would spend my free time making iMovies with my friends, and if they weren’t around, I would have my Barbie dolls fill in as actors. For the longest time, I have always known that I’ve wanted to do something regarding film. I have been a part of the new show in all three different levels of school. I have always loved being a part of it.” 

In addition to Stanziola’s undeniable prowess in writing and producing, her talents extend beyond just creative enjoyment. Stanziola plans to use her filmmaking talent to spread awareness about egalitarianism, hopefully inspiring others to make a difference. 

“Social justice is also very important to me, so my dream is to make documentaries and films that will inspire others to do good in the world,” Stanziola said. 

Stanziola is committed to Pace University in New York City, where she plans to major in broadcast journalism and minor in film.

Abby White
Abby White, Staff Writer
Abby White is a junior and a first year member of the "Bulldog Tribune". She is an avid pop culture fan and loves all things Taylor Swift. She is a part of the Stone Bridge theatre department, Running Dog Productions, where she takes part in many of their shows on stage and behind the scenes. Abby has also been on the Stone Bridge varsity gymnastics team for her entire high school career. She likes to spend her free time with her friends or watching her favorite shows.