Senior Spotlight: Allyson Ryan

Photography%2F%2FAddy+Cowley
Photography//Addy Cowley

On Tuesday, May 7, senior girls lacrosse midfielder Allyson Ryan hit 200 career goals in the team’s 18-6 victory over Potomac Falls. 

Ryan has been playing lacrosse for 13 years and has been on the Stone Bridge varsity team for four years. She has been a starting midfielder for her entire high school career, helping contribute to the success of the Stone Bridge lacrosse team. Lacrosse has been an important part of her life and has taught her valuable lessons about achieving long-term goals.

“I love the fast pace and competition of the game,” Ryan said. “Playing lacrosse has taught me that hard work and determination pays off.” 

Ryan’s hard work and determination helped her to commit to play Division I lacrosse at Monmouth University. Ryan cited competing at the highest level and challenging herself to be the best as what excited her most about playing at the next level.

Even though she’s looking forward to college, Ryan appreciates the achievements she has had in high school.

“My favorite memory was beating Freedom my freshman year to advance to the regional finals,” Ryan said. 

Even more than those accomplishments, Ryan will always remember the friendships she’s made from her life of lacrosse.

“I’ll also miss playing with my Bulldog teammates,” Ryan said. “I have met some of my best friends while playing lacrosse.”

Nothing worthwhile comes easy. Stay motivated, set personal goals, and work hard to achieve them. Play with passion and remember to have fun and enjoy the game.

— Allyson Ryan

Ryan went through a lot to get to where she is today and worked for countless hours to achieve her goals. She gave advice for any of the young players who want to follow in her footsteps.

“Nothing worthwhile comes easy,” Ryan said. “Keep practicing, focus on mastering basic skills like passing, catching, cradling, and shooting. Stay motivated, set personal goals, and work hard to achieve them. Play with passion and remember to have fun and enjoy the game.”

Ryan will continue to lead the girls lacrosse team as they advance into playoffs. Her peers, coaches, and teammates are all excited for her opportunity to take her lacrosse career to new heights.

Ryker Calic
Ryker Calic, Staff Writer
Ryker Calic is a senior and returning member of the Bulldog Tribune. He is a co-president of FBLA, a member of the school’s varsity lacrosse team, and a member of PEER. In his down time he can be found at the gym, watching a new TV show, listening to 90s rock, or playing golf. He spends a lot of time hanging out with his friends or his three younger siblings.