Class of 2024: A Reflection

Photography%2F%2FAKS.9955
Photography//AKS.9955

As AP exams come to a close and Capstone projects prepare to take off, the senior class is beginning to reflect on its time in high school.

Though seniors differ in whether they will be going to a university, joining the military, or entering the workforce, graduation hangs in front of all in the class of 2024. Some students are ready to graduate and begin a new chapter in their lives, while others feel sentimental about leaving people and places around the building.

“I find myself going a lot more like ‘oh, this is gonna be my last time doing this,’ and that makes me really sad sometimes, but also I’m so excited to look forward to college,” senior Tori Rabinowitch said.

The graduating class began high school on a rough note. COVID-19 held students at home for the majority of their freshman year, preventing them from truly entering high school until sophomore year.

“COVID impacted my high school experience by ruining my work ethic and making it so that I couldn’t get work done and cutting off my social interactions with everybody,” senior Natalie Meehan said. “I think theater was a big help [when I returned to school] because it introduced me to a large group of people, especially upperclassmen that were able to get me involved.”

Seniors did not let the sudden switch into high school prevent them from enjoying a real high school experience. Some began to get involved in the school through clubs such as SCA or PEER, while others joined the wide variety of sports provided at Stone Bridge.

“I would recommend [underclassmen] get involved with Unified Sports because it’s such a good way to get comfortable with who you are and the people around you and to learn some leadership skills,” senior Jess Holleran said.

As Capstone Seniors are approaching their final week of classes, many of the seniors have some advice for underclassmen continuing their journey through high school.

I find myself going a lot more like ‘oh, this is gonna be my last time doing this,’ and that makes me really sad sometimes, but also I’m so excited to look forward to college

— Tori Rabinowitch

“All [of] the minor mistakes you make, like every quiz you don’t do well on or anything like that, in the grand scheme of things, does not matter,” Rabinowitch said. “So, don’t take it too seriously, just try to rebound. Another piece of advice: go to class, stay in class, be somewhat interested. It’ll make your teachers like you more, and they’ll be more willing to help you when you [mess up].”

As other grades continue their journey to graduation, we wish seniors a big congratulations and the best of luck for whichever path they will be off to!

“It’s never too late to find your thing,” Meehan said. “Just enjoy every minute because everyone says [that] it flies [by] fast and you’re like ‘no it doesn’t.’ Yes it does.”

Abbey Baltich
Abbey Baltich, Section Editor
Abbey Baltich is a senior and a section editor for the "Bulldog Tribune". She is also a member of the Writing Center. Abbey enjoys coaching basketball and attending sporting events at Stone Bridge. In her free time, you might find her playing basketball, hanging out with friends, or reading anything by Leigh Bardugo.