First Ever Outdoor Movie Being Held By Chick Fil A Leadership Club

Molly Mica, Editor in Chief

The Chick Fil A Leadership Academy will be hosting an outdoor movie on Saturday, May 5, “Cinco De Mayo”, Spanish teacher Ms. Adrianna Rice adds, on the practice fields starting around 8 p.m. Tickets will be sold starting April 30 for $5 and at the door for $7. All proceeds will benefit both the Ryan Bartel Foundation and the We’re All Human Club. The movie of choice is The Greatest Showman.

The Chick Fil A Leadership Academy meets once every month before school and are required to coordinate what is called an impact project once during the school year. The members of Chick Fil A Leadership Academy chose to have their project be the outdoor movie, and they also chose the Ryan Bartel Foundation as the beneficiaries.

A survey was sent to the student body to vote on a movie to be shown. Ms. Adrianna Rice, activities coordinator and sponsor of the Chick Fil A Leadership Academy, says that she is working with a movie rental company in order to pull the event together.

The movie is open to everyone in the community, as flyers have been sent to middle and elementary schools.

The Chick Fil A Leadership Academy is teaming up with the We’re All Human Club who are potentially planning a symbolic walk around the track before the movie starts in order to bring awareness mental health and decrease the stigma that comes with it.

There will be Chick Fil A and popcorn served during the movie, and community members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for a night under the stars.

If the weather causes a cancellation, the reschedule date will be May 19.

“I hope to create a fun tradition everyone in the community can enjoy,” Ms. Rice said.