New and Returning Fall TV Shows

Daniel Doggett, Focus Editor

As the leaves begin to fall and we don our jackets, a plethora of television shows begin their new seasons in addition to new shows joining the lineup. Here are a few shows you can expect to watch this autumn.

The Exorcist: Based around the popular horror film series of the same name, “The Exorcist” follows a woman and her family as all notice together strange occurrences in their home. Plagued by noises coming from walls and never-ending nightmares, she seeks help from the priest of their church Father Tomas Ortega. Partnered with fellow Vatican soldier Marcus Brennan, they soon become tangled up with an ancient force of evil. The show premiered on Sept. 22 on Fox.

American Horror Story: The popular horror anthology series had begun its new season earlier than others on Sept. 14 on FX. Titled “American Horror Story: Roanoke”, the show presents itself as a paranormal documentary called “My Roanoke Nightmare” that stars a married couple retelling their experience with surreal and ghostly events that happened to them while living in a mysterious house they bought in Roanoke, NC, with “actors” reenacting their story. Details about the season’s plot and cast were kept secret until the show’s premiere.

How to Get Away with Murder: The ABC drama started up its third season on Sept. 22. With Wallace Mahoney’s murder left unsolved and Frank’s whereabouts unknown, the Keating 5 struggle creates a criminal law clinic where the students will compete to try their own pro bono cases, hoping this will clean her dirty reputation at the university.

Timeless: An upcoming science fiction series that will premiere Oct. 3 on NBC. The motley crew consisting of history professor Lucy, soldier Wyatt, and scientist Rufus is tasked to stop a time-traveling criminal from rewriting American history. While they must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive.

Scream Queens: The horror series returned for a second season on Sept. 23 on Fox. While the previous season was set in a college sorority house, this season is set in a hospital where some of the most bizarre medical cases are under observation. John Stamos and Taylor Lautner will join the shows cast as “studly” doctors.

With a wide variety of shows to look forward to, there are countless more to come in the following months.

New and Returning Fall TV Shows