Boys Soccer Playoff Push

Kate Harwood, Staff Writer

This spring, the boys’ soccer team is striving ahead toward playoffs.

They are second in conference with five wins against Potomac Falls, Broad Run, and Briar Woods, 1 loss, and 4 ties, so far in the season. The team is working well together on the field, even with many injuries.

“Over the past few weeks, we’ve been able to gel and overcome the loss of personnel,” senior Ross Mouritzen said.

The team has stepped up, despite missing key players, and are looking ahead towards Conference games.

“There aren’t going to be any easy games ahead for the season,” Varsity Soccer Coach Muoka Musau said about the upcoming Conference games.

The graduating seven seniors are looking forward to their Senior Night, on May 11 at 7:15p.m.

“I’m sad about leaving the team because it has been such a large part of my high school career, but I know the team will be in good hands with Coach Musau,” Mouritzen said.

This season, the team has worked hard, despite the injuries. They have worked hard this season to earn their number two spot in the conference.

“The team, this year, had willingness to stick to identity, no matter what the conditions are, I’m proud, they have put lots of hard work, things haven’t gone to plan, but they have worked hard to get to where they are,” Musau said.

The team is optimistic for the end of the season relying on hard work and team effort to make it to playoffs.

“We have a great squad and I believe we have a strong chance to extend our season far into playoffs,’” Mouritzen said.

Boys Soccer Playoff Push