Girls Basketball’s Underclassmen Showing Up

Nick Blanchard, Staff Writer

Underclassmen rising to the occasion

This season the Bulldogs do not have a large underclass presence, but what they lack in quantity they make up for in quality.

Freshman Anna LeMaster has no fears being one of the only freshman on the team.  She uses this to her advantage as a form of motivation on the court.

“I know I have to work for my spot on the team.” She said “It’s all new to me and I have to put everything I can into proving that I’m not just a freshman. I can play with anyone.”

The upperclassmen players appreciate the hard work that the younger players put in and are confident that they will be leaving the team in good hands for the future.

“The underclassmen are contributing well to the team, we do not have many but those we do have deserve their varsity spots,” senior Alex Addington said.

Struggle to get the ball rolling

The Bulldogs are 3-4 through the first seven games this year.

“I did not expect our record to be 3-4 at this point in the season, because we are the best we have been in years,” senior Alex Addington said.

The Bulldogs hope to establish more of a rhythm to help win more games in the future.

Looking Forward

The team is not looking at this season through rose-tinted glasses.  They know there are things to improve on and this is keeping them humble as they advance through the season.

“Our goal for the season is to be conference champs, and we are planning to go deep in the regional tournament,” Anna LeMaster said.

Junior Varsity

So far this season the girl’s JV team is 5-2, and they play Robinson on Dec. 16 and Heritage on Dec. 22

Freshman

This season the girl’s freshman team is off to a rough start with a record of 2-5.  However, the bulldogs are taking this season one game at a time.  They play Robinson on Dec. 16 and Woodson Dec. 20