Boys Basketball Back in Action

Micah Banks, Editor-in-Chief

Stone Bridge basketball is back in action. The team won its first two games by an average margin of 24 points but have since slowed their pace losing three of the last four games. However it’s still early in the season with 16 games left. The team isn’t worried, they know rough patches always happen, and that they must play through them.

Rejuvenation

The end of the football season allows dual sport athletes who play both football and basketball to finally join the team. Athletes like junior Ben Kling.

“Football season was a lot of fun and I am glad we went so deep into the playoffs, but I’m eager to get back on the court,” Kling said.

A three and three record may not be a true representation of the team’s full potential. Now with the full roster ready, expectations are once again high.

Junior Leaders

The team is primarily made up of juniors, with only two seniors, Mike Silvasy and Dillion Carey, even on the roster. That doesn’t necessarily pose an issue according to Coach Stitzel.

“Experience isn’t everything, I look for players who can play and we have a lot of talented players this year,” Stitzel said.

This is the least number of seniors Coach Stitzel has had on a high school team in his coaching career, but he is confident it won’t be an issue.

JV and Freshman   

The junior varsity boys’ team is off to a 2-0 start with their next game being against Chantilly on Dec. 13.

Freshman boys’ basketball has only played one game so far, which ended up being an 81 to 23 loss.

Boys Basketball Back in Action