2017 Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser

Cecilia Gagliano, Features Editor

Every year Stone Bridge football and Athletic Boosters Club raise funds for the athletic teams.

The past two years the boosters raised money through a golf tournament, but this year they decided to switch it up and do a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Fundraiser held at the Embassy suites in Ashburn.

All proceeds will go towards upgrading the school workout room and replacing old helmets and safety gear.

“This is a fun fundraiser as it gets fellow sports families together and we raise money for a great cause,” Secretary of Athletic Boosters Club Cam Gordon said.

Gordon and Penny Schmitz will host the event along with many other football moms.

The fifty-dollar tickets to enter this event included a Mexican buffet dinner, two drink tickets, unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, and four bingo game cards.

“We will host four games of Mexican bingo with prizes, and have of spin the wheel,” Gordon said.

There will also be live auctions with prizes such as a beach house, and a jersey and football signed by Jonathan Allen.

Families and local businesses will be out there supporting Stone Bridge by donating gift cards and baskets for silent auctions.

The Cinco de Mayo event is a great way for the community to come together and support the Stone Bridge athletic programs, while having a whole bunch of fun.

2017 Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser